Are Wasps a Problem at Your Place?
Pest & Termite Exterminators offer a professional wasp nest treatment service to protect you from harmful stings by eliminating the nest.
There are a number of wasp species in Australia and have colourings of black, red or yellow. They are all large insects with a small waist and pointy abdomen with a sting at the end of it.
The most common types of wasps in Australia are:
Paper Wasps: A paper wasp nest can house up to 200 wasps that tend not to be aggressive unless disturbed. They like to build nests in on the underside of branches and leaves and your homes eaves.
Mud-daubing wasps: Usually consisting of a small nest made of mud on your homes walls and ceilings. Again they are not usually aggressive unless disturbed.
European wasps: With probably the largest nest sizes of all wasps, European wasps can form nests of up to 100,000 insects. With only roughly 20% of nests in and around your home, the rest are found in the ground with only a small hole used as an entry/exit point. Although a painful sting can be inflicted, this usually occurs during a disturbance. Their activity reduces in the cooler months and of course in more temperate climates, they can be active year round, hence the size of their nests.
Some Simple Ways to Prevent Wasps Around Your Home
- Regularly Inspect the perimeter of your home and gardens year round and in particular, early spring
- Trim bushes and shrubs
- Carry out regular inspections of the perimeter of your building and gardens for wasp activity and signs of early nest building, especially in Spring.
- Some wasps rather enjoy proteins and sugars so keep rubbish bins closed and food areas clean.
- Wasps are also attracted to compost so all composting should be kept in enclosed areas/bins.
Wasp control can be difficult at times and even more difficult to find their nests (secondary nests). Pest & Termite Exterminators have properly trained staff and use only the correct chemicals for the job to eradicate wasps. We will not only directly treat the nest and remove it upon your request but also treat the perimeter of your home to avoid further issues in the foreseeable future. That’s is of course after a full property inspection – We wont miss anything.
We use Fast knockdown chemicals and high residual to stop them coming back!
Due to their aggressive nature we don’t normally recommend DIY treatments in fact most DYI treatments do have disclaimers on their products – with highly trained personnel, we don’t.
Best time to treat is late afternoon to evening.
Call Newcastle Pest Exterminators Now to arrange a wasp nest inspection or treatment of your home or business.
- Qualified professionals – All our wasp control technicians are fully trained and equipped with all necessary safety gear to complete the treatment quickly and safely.
- Safe treatments – Our expert technicians follow strict guidelines to ensure you and your family are safe from harm during treatment.
- Nest removal – We can also arrange for the removal of a nest (at a later date; at least 48 hours after treatment to allow for scout wasps to return and be killed) to reduce the risk of a secondary infestation.